That’s the start of Tim Gunn’s novel “A Guide to Quality, Taste & Style.” I recently learned of Gunn from his critique of the fashion sense of Mario and Luigi.
I read Gunn’s book because tomorrow I’m doing a keynote panel at SES London and I still have no clue what to wear. My brother-in-law recently emailed me that Computer Engineer Barbie will soon be released. “Perfect,” I thought, “she will be my new fashion mentor.”
So looking at this pic I realize that my idea is fairly improbable. Engineering Barbie is far more skilled than me:
- Either that’s her screensaver or she can interpret binary
- She owns a cool bluetooth headset
- That’s a lot of color and sparkle for the office
- Prefers reading high-level languages
- Still wears a retainer to bed
- Dresses to blend in
The panel is tomorrow. I can’t wait.